The cost of moving a piano depends upon the way of transporting it.
The household moving way asks for an hourly rate with a minimum 3 hours to transport your piano. Contrary to it, the professional moving way goes with a flat rate. They base their rates on the below mentioned factors.
- Type of the piano to be moved
- Distance to be covered
- Level of difficulty involved in transporting it – tight turns, stairs, grass pulls, etc.
- Number of people required based on the difficulty level
- Schedule or notice to move the piano
- Waiting time incurred by you on the piano mover